Achievement Prep Public Charter Schools Social Worker in Washington, District Of Columbia
Who We Are
Achievement Prep is a college-preparatory public charter school network committed to historically underserved communities of Southeast Washington, DC. However, Achievement Prep isn’t just a school. We are a promise of progress. A promise to change the lives of our scholars, our community, and our future generations for the better. We promise to be the educational fuel that ignites a love for learning and knowledge. We believe that our teachers and faculty are the keys to closing the achievement gap. Not only do they encompass our vision but believe in it and live by it to help create the most impactful environment possible. Change begins now. Change begins here. Our mission is to prepare students to excel as high-achieving scholars and leaders in high school, college and beyond.
What You Will Do
As a member of the Achievement Prep Oxygen Team, you will breathe life into our platinum teachers! You will also support the mission by engaging with scholars and families to create an environment conducive to the success of all scholars at Achievement Prep.
Your Work Matters!
Every week, you will…Support the Whole Scholar!
● Support scholars with IEPs strategically each day
● Maximize counseling reach by providing a combination of individual and group counseling
● Assist with individual scholar and school-wide crisis intervention
● Identify community-based services and maintain mechanism for referrals for external mental health services
● Fulfill continuing education requirements consistent with discipline and maintain current licensure
● Collaborate with other members of the Scholar Support (SPED) team and attend any meetings for scholars on caseload
● Maintain confidential, accurate, and up-to-date scholar/family records
● Embody our core values of D etermination, R espect, E nthusiasm, A ccountability, and M astery
● Exhibit an unwavering commitment to high academic achievement and character development in our scholars
● Attend and support monthly Family Nights/events that invite families into the building
● Engage in additional school-wide responsibilities, such as lunch/recess duty, hallway posts, events committees, etc.
● Other duties as required to fulfill our mission in the lives of our scholars
To be considered, you will need…
Masters degree in social work (MSW)
Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW) , LISW, LGSW, or LSWA (please note that LGSW and LSWA require clinical supervision)
1+ years of experience in a school setting
2+ years of experience working with children in historically underserved communities
You’ll be a great fit if…
You understand the power of education and have seen that power manifested either in your life or in the lives of others.
You are committed to serving historically underserved and marginalized communities knowing that your work is part of a larger ecosystem committed to transforming tomorrow today. .
You believe in a quality public education for all and are determined to serve every child that comes your way.
You are unapologetically mission driven and will do whatever it takes to advance the work and ensure scholar achievement.
You are excited about not just the work, but doing the work at Achievement Prep.
You are a results-driven educator who holds scholars to consistently high academic and behavior expectations because you know they can rise to the challenge and grow up to change the world.
The grind of our mission ignites you to look for or create the joy in your day-to-day and want to work with others who do, too.
You’re Worth It!
Our team is worth more than gold, they’re platinum !
Development : The entire team will receive ongoing (weekly or bi-weekly) development from school leaders:
Formal and informal observations and feedback
1:1 meetings to discuss best practice, scholar data, curriculum, and goals
Compensation & Benefits : Achievement Prep offers highly competitive compensation and benefits
Our staff are competitively compensated among others in the profession in Washington, D.C.
Medical, vision, dental benefits
Flexible spending accounts for transit, dependent care, and medical expenses
401k with automatic immediate employer matching up to 4%
It Pays to Stay : Upon completion of 2 full school years of service, employees become eligible for annual loyalty incentives
Gifts and Achievement Prep swag
Achievement Prep encourages individuals of all identities and backgrounds to apply for this position. We are an equal opportunity employer fully committed to hiring a talented and diverse group of individuals. Achievement Prep does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin or ancestry, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by applicable law.
Powered by JazzHR