Combined Insurance ESIS Senior Claims Representative, WC in United States
ESIS, Inc. (ESIS) recognizes each risk management program is unique, and we are committed to providing consultative and innovative solutions to drive superior results. Our culture and vision enables us to effectively operate as an extension of our clients’ risk management program, aligning combined goals to form a collaborative partnership.
We recognize our clients’ desire to do things differently, and we are confident that our integrated approach will deliver better overall results. ESIS’ specialized claim intervention strategy integrates an effective deployment of resources and appropriate actions, which are essential to success.
ESIS employs more than 1,500 professionals in nine regional centers and 15 major claims offices, as well as local representatives in select jurisdictions. We take our fiduciary responsibilities seriously and are proud to manage over $2.5 billion of customer losses and over 320,000 new claims annually. We specialize in large accounts which have multi-state operations. For information regarding ESIS please visit www.esis.com.
ESIS is seeking an experienced workers compensation claims representative for our Phoenix, AZ office. The person in this role will handle and maintain workers’ compensation claims and file reviews under general supervision of a supervisor and as part of the ESIS team.
Responsibilities include investigating claims to determine extent of injury, reserving and effective case management. Utilize medical cost containment measures to control loss dollar pay-out. Review status of claims and develop strategies to effectively manage to conclusion. Consistent delivery of superior customer service.
*MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: *
- Handle multiple demands & priorities, from a variety of sources, simultaneously
- Maintain ESIS Standards & Best Practices
- Adjust claims with the ability to follow company policies and procedures
- Have the ability to effectively and independently manage and maintain a workers compensation pending.
- Handle and resolve conflict effectively
- Meet goals & objectives established by ESIS and the Claims Vice President
- Escalate issues appropriately and follow through
- Be a problem solver with excellent problem resolution skills
- Meet and maintain customer service requirements and have the ability to follow ESIS processes.
- Make sound judgment decisions and have the ability to differentiate information.
- Communicate effectively both written & orally
- Respond to customers appropriately, timely & accurately
- Ability to remain calm and professional during peak periods of activity.
- Handle multiple computer applications and vendor systems to manage caseloads
- Identify and determine short term and long term financial exposures and establish accurate financial reserves to meet Client, ESIS and Carrier expectations
- Effectively and accurately manage large sums of client or carrier funds
- Comply with all statutory reporting and licensing requirements for multiple jurisdictions
- Determine, calculate and issue accurate benefit payments to injured workers, medical providers and vendors in a timely fashion
- Clearly and concisely document the ESIS claim system with activities, investigations and plans in a timely fashion
- Qualified candidates must possess experience 2 or more years in managing workers compensation claims investigation/ adjusting, including knowledge of applicable state/local legislation.
- Experience in a third party administrator (TPA) environment is a plus.
- Knowledge of Workers' Compensation laws and procedures are required.
- California Work Comp claims handling preferred.
- Candidates must have the ability to work independently, while assimilating various technical subjects, as evidenced by successful completion of a college degree or equivalent practical work experience.
- AIC/CPCU is preferred.
- Candidates must also have solid computer software skills (M/S Word, Excel).
/Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success./
Title: ESIS Senior Claims Representative, WC
Requisition ID: 354697