Edwards Lifesciences Assoc Heart Valve Specialist in Singapore
Applies skill and dexterity in the sewing of tissue and non-tissue components used to produce medical devices, in keeping with regulatory and company guidelines.
• Use tools (e.g. needles, scissors, forceps, specialized tooling, microscope, magnifying lamp, MES) to perform assigned steps, in rotation, in the sewing assembly of stent/valves
• Perform verifications, against specifications, of completed steps, of stent and/or valve
• Review, follow and perform job functions in compliance with established work instructions and adherence with SOPs, including recording traceable information on device history records, which may include entry into JDE and any other systems (e.g. MES), as required
• Perform line clearance, i.e., cleaning and sanitizing work stations at the start of the shift and when transitioning to next work orders
• Perform visual inspection under a microscope, and sequential review of colleagues' work
• Other incidental duties: General work area housekeeping, general sanitization of work area with approved chemicals, material handling, printing
Education and Experience:
Secondary Education with previous sewing, GMP, clean room, medical device experience Preferred
No previous related experience Required
• Ability to use small hand tools, hand eye coordination, and high manual dexterity
• Basic level of understanding of manufacturing procedures
• Basic computer skills, preferred
• Good hand eye coordination, required
• Ability to read, comprehend, and speak English, and good communication skills, required
• Must be able to work in a team environment and with minimum supervision by following detailed established manufacturing instructions
• Successful completion of ongoing job training of assembly process steps
• Strict attention to detail
• Adhere to all company rules and requirements (e.g., pandemic protocols, Environmental Health & Safety rules) and take adequate control measures in preventing injuries to themselves and others as well as to the protection of environment and prevention of pollution under their span of influence/control
Edwards Lifesciences is the global leader in patient-focused medical innovations for structural heart disease, as well as critical care and surgical monitoring. Driven by a passion to help patients, the company collaborates with the world's leading clinicians and researchers to address unmet healthcare needs, working to improve patient outcomes and enhance lives. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Edwards Lifesciences has extensive operations in North America, Europe, Japan, Latin America and Asia and currently employs over 15,000 individuals worldwide.
For us, helping patients is not a slogan - it's our life's work. From developing devices that replace or repair a diseased heart valve to creating new technologies that monitor vital signs in the critical care setting, we focus on helping patients regain and improve the quality of their life.