Wolters Kluwer Specialized Consulting Manager - Infection Prevention in Springfield, Illinois
Specialized Consulting Manager – Infection Prevention
FL or Remote, U.S.
The Specialized Consulting Manager - Infection Prevention is responsible for coordinating and implementing clinical programs that meet the needs of our external customers and internal team. This position ensures optimal utilization of Wolters Kluwer solutions by understanding the unique needs and capacities of each customer. The Specialized Consulting Manager will particularly focus on use the of Sentri7 – Wolters Kluwer’s cutting-edge surveillance system - by facilitating the adoption of our application into the customers' work environment, ensuring successful integration and desirable outcomes.
The Specialized Consulting Manager will provide critical assessments of the customer's practice environment, develop productive relationships with key staff, and provide guidance to customers regarding packaged solutions and related improvement efforts. Internally, this position is a subject matter expert who supports team members who require an introductory-to-intermediate level of understanding of the clinical environment and use of our applications in the field.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Clinical Support & Direct Client Consulting
• Evaluate current and prospective customer clinical practices, including type of practice model, clinical capacities and abilities, workflow designs and governance to determine barriers or issues related to reaching optimal patient outcomes.
• Advise customers on the appropriate adjustment of their practice model, workflow, policies and procedures based on "best practices", clinical evidence and personal experience.
• Assist customers with methods for capturing and reporting data on the value of our offerings, including ROI with regard to costs, quality and productivity.
• Link customers to appropriate resources - Wolters Kluwer and others - that assist in optimizing clinical outcomes.
• Support the sales team through facilitating effective product demonstrations, ROI development, and tradeshow support.
Clinical Content Development
• Responsible for the on-going development of evidence-based clinical content centered on strategies that address common patient safety, quality, or cost-savings initiatives.
Product Development Support
• Provide internal guidance and leadership on modules in need of development and refinement of current offerings.
• Monitor clinical modules for success and regularly interact with internal team members to identify and develop improvements. Work with product managers, implementation staff, and customer success management teams to understand how upcoming feature releases may affect the functionality of current clinical modules used in the field.
• Actively participate in relevant professional organizations while contributing to the science whenever possible.
• Contribute to the market presence of the business through whitepapers, blogging, abstracts/posters, speaking engagements, etc.
Clinical Professional Services
• Partner with customers to facilitate clinical planning, process change management, and revision of clinical workflows to align with evidence-based best practices.
• Provide quality and high integrity clinical guidance to customers that will build relationships and generate customer loyalty.
• Develop Wolters Kluwer teammates to ensure their understanding for how to best ensure uptake of our applications in the customers' current practice model.
• Advise appropriate staff on how new feature releases and new modules may improve clinical value for customers.
• Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Master of Public Health (MPH), Certified Medical Technologist (MT), Registered Nurse (RN), or other Masters-prepared health professional
Certification in Infection Control (CIC) through the Certification Board of Infection Control & Epidemiology (CBIC) required (and must be maintained)
At least 3 years of experience in hospital infection prevention practice, 5+ years preferred, including:
Proven track record in developing and implementing strategies across a variety of inpatient settings
Strong understanding of typical intra- and interdepartmental relationships of hospital departments
Ability to demonstrate extensive knowledge and understanding of clinical operations in the hospital
Well versed in determining and demonstrating the value of clinical infection prevention services
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
Excellent written and verbal communication skills with both clinical and non-clinical audiences
Strong understanding of typical intra- and interdepartmental relationships of hospital and/or infection prevention departments
Ability to work in a team-focused environment
Ability to earn trust and build relationships with customers
Commitment to professional growth; seeks opportunities for development; looks for ways to share knowledge with others.
Self-starter with high productivity, initiative, professionalism and customer service attitude
Ability to multi-task several simultaneous projects; strong time management and prioritization skills
Ability to effectively engage and interact with multi-discipline teams
Travel: currently approximately 10%, but can increase in the future if business needs change.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Wolters Kluwer U. S. Corporation and all of its subsidiaries, divisions and customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.