MOVING YOUR WORLD by focusing on your success:
FUCHS offers a challenging and rewarding working environment where employees are encouraged to develop and grow. We stand behind our core values: trust, creating value, respect, reliability, and integrity. Ours is a culture that fosters creativity and empowerment, values work/life balance, and gives you the freedom to excel. At FUCHS we aim to nurture your capabilities, ideas and career.
Your areas of responsibility:
With our corporate R&D headquarters and Americas R&D regional hub located in the US, the Research, Development, & Innovaiton Scientist will be working in key research and discovery activities in our Metal Processing Fluids lead laboratory for region. You will be responsible for leading product development responsibilities for Metalworking fluids, Coolants, and Quenching lubricants. The successful candidate will collaborate with the global technical community to discover new technologies, new formula bases, raw materials and processing techniques that lead to unique products. Other activities will include working on the acceleration of Innovaiton through applicaiton of computational science, collaboration with our Applied Science team for the deelopment of new bench tests, and creating a future product portfolio with sustainability at its core. This individual will manage multiple projects, report on technical subjects and be a diligent problem solver, while maintaining a clear sense of priorities and focus. Accountabilities and objectives will include:
- Support regional innovation direction through effective connection of key learnings/findings and collaboration with regional Reseach, Development & Innovation (RD&I) department and other groups within Technical department
- Develop, maintain/adapt, and manage Metal Processing Fluid development. This will include new product development and process development projects to quickly triage new product ideas and drive them through the stage-gate project process.
- Partner with Product Management to develop and maintain a pipeline of new product ideas to meet Business Plans and Global R&D and Global Product Management Plans.
- Collaborate (regionally & globally) in a high performance, results driven work environment while promoting a culture of discovery, curiosity, and continuous learning.
- Lead by example by demonstrating Fuchs’s core values every day, i.e., trust, creating value, respect, reliability, and integrity.
- Collaborate cross functionally to support the company’s profitability though its sales, manufacturing, marketing, product development, and general management functions.
- Create affiliations, participate in consortia, engage in global Key Working Groups, as required to support the product development, launch, and ensure the on-going success of the product pipeline.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and customer needs to align R&D priorities with business goals. Interact with customers to demonstrate the company’s commitment to technical excellence and customer intimacy.
- Promote a teamwork culture where people are treated fairly and honestly at all levels and at all times and are recognized for their impact.
- Support a learning culture that builds organizational knowledge and sustainable platforms through mentoring and training.
- Contribute to budgets management and resource allocations to achieve both short term and long term goals, including capital expenditures to enhance the company’s technical capabilities.
Qualifications we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering with 5-7 years’ experience required; PhD in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering preferred.
- Experience in water-based or oil-based lubricant technologies and tribological characterization.
- Knowledge of chemistry, raw materials, surfactants, and dispersion technologies.
- Strong problem solving, interpersonal, team, project management, bench and communication skills is needed to work effectively within R&D, across departments, and across the global organization.
- Works both as a team player and individual contributor;
Ability to be flexible, able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and work well under pressure.
These are your benefits:
Fuchs offers a challenging and rewarding working environment where employees are encouraged to develop and grow as professionals. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on projects that will expand your experience and challenge your abilities in the global marketplace. The position also offers an excellent compensation package and a comprehensive suite of benefits.
Fuchs Lubricants Co. is an equal employment opportunity (EEO)/AA employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace (m/f/d/v).
Do you have any questions? Jerry Martinez (Jerry.Martinez@fuchs.com) will be more than happy to answer them!PandoLogic. Category:Science, Keywords:Senior Scientist, Location:Worth, IL-60482
Published: a week ago