The Digital Experience, Design & Content team oversees the strategy and design of digital experiences across Blue Shield of California’s digital products. The Sr. Manager, Digital Content Publishing will report to the Director of Digital Experience, Design & Content. In this role you will combine expert program management skills with a passion for Content Publishing and Engagement Content Targeting to multiple audiences. You and your team will partner with many groups across the company to publish content for BSC Customers, Providers, Employers and Brokes, but BlueShield Customers are your primary audience. We have made significant investments in the Adobe Experience Manager platform to allow for targeted relevant content delivered to prospective customers and returning customers in multiple contexts.
You will participate in, or directly own, publishing programs that drive policy sales and renewals, awareness campaigns for wellness programs and targeted personalized programs to help customers navigate care and manage their health.
This position uniquely sits on both sides of the Business to Consumer (B2C) and Business to Business (B2B) marketing continuum and is an excellent career growth opportunity that will expose you to multiple dimensions of our business.
In this role, you will:
- Own the corporate Search Engine Optimization (SEO) program to compete in the open market for potential customers who are looking for relevant, non-branded healthcare solutions in the state of California.
- Contribute to aggregate online policy sales and renewal goals owned by our Director of Digital Sales by attracting and retaining customers to build our business and support our corporate priorities and growth goals. You will also own direct contribution product and revenue goals to aggregate online policy sales as part of the larger ecommerce program.
- Lead a team of individual contributor employees and dedicated third party contractors that partner with Marketing, Product and User Experience teams to publish high quality and high-volume content with best-in-class technology and workflow automation.
- Partner with Marketing Campaign teams to coordinate monthly editorial calendar content across all outbound and inbound channels, and provide measurable feedback performance for future content development. Content development will come from internal content services and external creative agencies.
- Partner with Marketing Operations to publish multi-language content translated by third party language translation services.
- Partner with Line of Business product teams on an annual basis as we prepare for and manage the Q4 Open Enrollment period for existing customers to select insurance plans and for new prospective customers to select new insurance plans.
- Provide measurable input to new programs, processes or standards in operational plans that will have some impact on the achievement of overall function results.
- Exert significant decision-making authority, guided by resource availability and functional objectives.
- Influence higher-level management on large-scale tactical changes and organization improvements across existing functional areas: AEM Publishing, SEO and Digital Content Optimization.
- Communicate with parties across departments to influence and contribute to long-term direction for the job function, which may include external customers or vendors.
Your Knowledge and Experience
- Requires a college degree or equivalent experience and minimum 10-year prior relevant experience, including 4 years of management experience
- Requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within an area
- Has advanced knowledge and skills including technical or functional expertise, business acumen, financial analysis skills, risk management, delegation skills, critical thinking and decision-making skills
- In-depth knowledge of Blue Shield of California’s mission, vision and strategy and healthcare industry environment
- 4+ years of Direct experience with the Adobe Experience Manager product features, specifically: content publishing, audience targeting, performance analytics, digital asset management and publishing workflows.
- 4+ years of experience using Adobe Target (formerly Test and Target) for user engagement and product sales with a portfolio of measurable business success in multiple contexts and scenarios. Preference to those with experience operating inside a heavily regulated vertical like health care, pharma, life sciences, financial services, etc.
The pay range for this role is: $ 136400.00 to $ 204600.00 for California.
Please note that this range represents the pay range for this and many other positions at Blue Shield that fall into this pay grade. Blue Shield salaries are based on a variety of factors, including the candidate's experience, location (California, Bay area, or outside California), and current employee salaries for similar roles.
Published: 3 weeks ago