LifePoint Health Radiology Tech-PRN in Henderson, North Carolina
Performs various imaging procedures in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice.
Reports to: Director of Imaging/Radiology
- Reviews patient history and physician's orders. Educates patient regarding procedures, equipment and exam to ensure patient's understanding and cooperation.
- When ordered, prepares and administers contrast media and/or medications within scope of practice. Monitors patient condition continually and reports/responds to changes in status as appropriate.
- Prepares equipment and supplies. Selects appropriate exposure factors and imaging parameters. Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures on equipment. Troubleshoots, resolves, and/or reports equipment malfunctions as necessary.
- Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures on equipment. Troubleshoots, resolves, and/or reports equipment malfunctions as necessary.
- Positions patient and performs imaging procedure(s). Analyzes results and identifies issues with the quality of imaging results. Takes appropriate action to resolve image quality issues, including repositioning patient and repeating procedure. Enters, transmits and reports scan results.
- Effectively utilized the Electronic Health Record
- Call will be assigned on a as needed basis
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education Graduate of accredited school of Radiologic Technology
Required Skills Certifications: Basic Life Support (BLS) is required through American Heart Association (AHA) within 30 days of hire
Required Skills ARRT registered in Radiology
Required Skills Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
Maria Parham Health is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual’s age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Job: *Please select a valid job field
Title: Radiology Tech-PRN
Requisition ID: 7460-8110