Kaiser Permanente Dental Member Assistant II in Eugene, Oregon
Provides customer service and front desk support to members and patients from point of appointment and provider scheduling to completion of office visit information at conclusion of visit. Assists members and patients by providing information about benefits and associated fees. Provides dentist and staff support as appropriate.
• Perform check in, check out and customer service support to members, patients, staff and dentists. Includes verification of patient personal information, requesting completion of personal data form and health questionnaire.
• Collect and review visit slips for proper completion and patients’ treatment status. Enter all visit slip data into appropriate systems regarding treatment that was performed, member amount paid, billed or waived and future treatment plans.
• Perform scheduling functions for members, patients, staff and dentists including initial scheduling, return appointments, short notice cancellations, short notice fills, confirmation calling and emergency appointments. Provide scheduling support for RDH schedules.
• Ensure all dental records are available according to updated printed schedule. Respond to chart requests.
• Perform detailed discussions with patients regarding fees and benefits associated with treatment plans. Sets up and monitors payment contracts with patients, contacts patients as necessary to discuss delinquent accounts.
• Collect all fees for services rendered in accord with the individual patient’s benefit, the Dental Program’s published fee schedule and cash handling policies.
• Perform other duties as assigned by supervisory personnel and dentist staff that are consistent with the individual’s training and experience in and active and cooperative manner.
• Cash handling experience
• One (1) year of dental assistant or dental member assistant (front office) experience with understanding of dental clinical procedures.
License, Certification, Registration
• Demonstrated customer service, cash handling, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
• Knowledge of ADA coding.
• Ability to type/computer key board.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and work under indirect supervision.
• Ability to conduct confidential and complex financial discussions in a discrete, caring and tactful manner with a diverse member population.
• Excellent communication and problem solving skills.
• Two (2) or more years of Dental Assistant experience with knowledge of clinical dentistry and/or two (2) or more years of Dental Member Assistant experience or of a combination of these types of experience combined with experience in a customer service or insurance setting relating to dental services.
• Minimum typing speed of 20 wpm.
• Knowledge of dental appointing system (TEAM) and patient accounting system (SPARCS).
• Days/Times vary. Travel Valley River, North Lancaster, Keizer Station, Skyline Dental.
TITLE: Dental Member Assistant II
LOCATION: Eugene, Oregon
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.