Career Concepts Staffing Services Inc. Financial Aid Counselor in Erie, Pennsylvania
Financial Aid Counselor
The Financial Aid Counselor is responsible for providing counseling and financial assistance to prospective and accepted students in osteopathic medicine, pharmacy, dentistry, healthcare administration, medical education, biomedical sciences, post-baccalaureate studies and all other programs offered. Please submit resume.
- Acts as administrative representative with faculty, staff and visitors in a professional, friendly manner at all times
- Maintains confidentiality, professional appearance and pleasant demeanor.
- Authorize student payments and/or refunds concerning aid.
- Provide financial aid presentations to interview applicants for all programs offered.
- Veteran\'s Administration Certifying Official for all students with a veteran status and process Veterans' Benefits for veterans to ensure they receive their benefit to assist with educational expenses.
- Provide counseling to students on the financial aid process for all programs offered.
- Advise and counsel students regarding sources of financial aid, application procedures, debt management, and satisfactory academic progress.
- Award federal financial aid in compliance with regulations.
- Certify and process student loan applications.
- Determine financial need and verify aid eligibility for students.
- Coordinate with multiple agencies for the delivery of financial aid funds.
- Maintain paper and database student financial records in accordance with federal regulations.
- Assist with the development of new budgets and educational materials for each academic year.
- Conduct presentations regularly throughout the year on financial aid procedures and eligibility requirements.
- Participate in campus functions such as; commencement, ceremonies, orientation, and open houses.
- Participate in professional development programs.
- Communicate regularly with the student population regarding updates, deadlines, and scholarship opportunities.
Data entry, clerical, and phone responsibilities necessary to accomplish departmental goals and objectives.
Qualifications and Skills
Bachelors' Degree and a minimum of one (1) year of relevant work experience required. Candidates with accounting, banking, or other financial work experience are encouraged to apply.
- Pay rate is \$19.23-\$21.63 per hour
- Full Time
- 1st Shift
- Weekly pay while employed through Career Concepts
- Benefits while employed through Career Concepts
Erie, PA 16506
About Career Concepts Staffing Services, Inc.
Career Concepts was founded in 1967, and since then has become Northwestern Pennsylvania\'s leading and largest locally owned full-service staffing organization. As the top industry performer in our area, we have been voted the #1 employment agency by the Erie Times-News, the Meadville Tribune, and the West County Journal Reader's Choice polls!
Qualified candidates may apply by clicking, \"Apply Now\". Next, submit your resume. You may complete a cover letter on the following screen. *You must contact the employer via one of the methods listed on the screen after clicking \"Apply for this job\". * Please be sure to identify PA CareerLink as your referral source.