Ross Stores, Inc. Senior Officer, Corporate Security & Fire/Life Safety in Dublin, California
Welcome to Ross Stores, Inc., where our differences make us stronger… At Ross and dd’s, inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds, identities, and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity, equality and inclusion journey!
The Corporate Security & Fire/Life Safety Officer is responsible for promoting the Loss Prevention key objectives through ensuring the safety, security, and protection of company assets within the corporate environment. This position will be responsible for the professional execution of post orders related to daily assignments, including the protection of life and property through the implementation of the building's fire safety plan including the management of the Fire Command Station. This position will also be responsible for the monitoring of site systems to include CCTV, Access Control, and Fire Panel.
The Corporate Security & Fire/Life Safety Senior Officer is also part of the Loss Prevention Ross Investigations and Safety Center (RISC). The RISC is an Investigative and Safety command center which operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week within a flexible business model to help support investigations, execute travel monitoring, law enforcement requests, and detailed analysis for shortage trends. RISC serves as the corporate command center and liaison for corporate and Ross facilities during crisis events.
The base pay range for this role is $21.39 - $30.91. The base pay range is dependent on factors including, but not limited to, experience, skills, qualifications, relevant education, certifications, seniority, and location. The range listed is just one component of the total compensation package for employees. Other rewards vary by position and location.
Mitigating Theft & Fraud
• Maintain a visible corporate security presence mitigating the potential loss of property while maintaining a safe and secure work environment
• Monitor, review and conduct audit of the corporate technologies on a regular basis or as directed
• Communicate potential internal theft indicators to Corporate Security Leadership
• When not responding to Corporate Security matters, support field LP team partners with theft and fraud risk analysis information
• Utilize new/existing theft and fraud tools to effectively address potential risk or fraud to support field LP team partners.
Maintaining a Safe & Secure Environment
• Provide effective security for the corporate facilities to include physical security, safety, alarm response, access control, visitor control and CCTV
• Maintain a professional presence at all times
• Communicate crisis incidents to the appropriate audience, including obtaining prior approval from RISC leadership on select incidents
• Effectively execute the Crisis Management Program by compiling and providing intelligence from remote monitoring, technology and media sources timely and accurately
• Communicate CCTV fidelity and functionality to ensure resolution
• Manage security personnel to provide effective security for the corporate facilities to include physical security, safety, alarm response, access control, visitor control and CCTV
• Responsible for the supervision of third party security vendors during emergency guard deployment, ensuring they maintain a professional presence at all times
• Manage and maintain access/key controls/visitor management system, which includes maintaining related supplies dealing with access control issues and technology failures, updating associate profiles and clearances, creating and disabling badges, etc.
• Ensure that life safety systems and related equipment are fully functional
• Respond to and manage Fire Command Station during alarm events
• Participate/Conduct fire and/or evacuation drills as directed
• Provide clear direction and information to employees guests and visitors during emergency situations
• Maintain all logs and records related to Fire/EAP Plan as required by local Fire Code
• Perform CPR/AED and basic first aid as required
• Act as liaison to First responders during building emergencies
Minimizing Operational Shortage
• Ensure the security of confidential information
• Monitor and protect the technology infrastructure and all related proprietary information by following security procedures
• Assess and communicate adherence to operational processes and controls
• Utilize daily and weekly checklists to ensure that operational processes and controls are in place to safeguard against corporate exposure
• Support leadership team with the assessment process as assigned
Developing Great Teams & Partnerships
• Increase office awareness of security processes and procedures through positive interactions
• Foster effective external partnerships, liaising with all appropriate professional first responders. (i.e., P.D. /F.D. etc.)
• Provide excellent customer service and timely follow up
• Develop and maintain effective internal partnerships through collaboration
• Priority Setting
• Drive for Results
• Integrity and Trust
• Customer Focus
• Managing and Measuring Work
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
• 5 years of Corporate Security & Fire/Life safety
• Associates degree or equivalent of accredited college credits or equivalent work experience
• Security Guard License preferred
• Proficiency in and knowledge of computer software including MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Must be able to work all shifts including holidays, overnights and weekends
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, present information to all levels within organization
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent analytical skills and demonstrated ability to solve problems
• Self-motivated individual who can be successful in a fast-paced environment, with minimal supervision
• Must demonstrate the ability to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities
• Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented
• Maintains confidentiality concerning all information and projects
This role requires full-time in-office presence, including to engage in in-person team interaction, meetings and collaboration, client support, mentoring, coaching, and/or feedback. This position requires the ability to use a computer, work as part of a team, and the ability to communicate with team members and others. Regular attendance also is a requirement of the position.
3rd party security personnel if needed
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management's discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills, abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company's overall commitment to attract, hire and develop a strong, talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, age, national origin, ancestry, physical, mental or developmental disability, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), veteran status, military status, marital or registered domestic partnership status, medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics), genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, as well as any other category protected by federal, state or local laws.